We hope you are enjoying the warmish temperatures at the start of this Winter, but as New Englanders, we know the cold is on the way, as are the holidays!
The winter holiday season can be a joyous time of the year. Bright decorations on the mantle make warming by the fireplace even more special than usual.
As you prepare your home for the holidays, we want to share with you some special fire prevention steps to ensure your safety.
Enjoying the holidays begins with the peace of mind of knowing that your fireplace is safe for your family to use.
Some tips specifically for the holidays include:
- Do not place wrapped packages or gift boxes near the fireplace as they are highly combustible!
- Keep all combustible materials at least 3 feet away from heat sources such as candles, portable heaters, fireplaces, and wood stoves
- Do not dispose of wrapping paper, boxes, or other types of garbage in your fireplace. Wrapping paper contains additives which make it burn at extremely high temperatures
- After the holiday season, do not dispose of any part of your Christmas tree by burning it in the fire. The Christmas tree wood has not been properly dried out for burning and may become a fire hazard.
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy.
Contact us today to get your chimney cleaned by a licensed chimney professional and have a Safe and Wonderful Holiday Season!